Garage doors don’t last forever but it can be hard to tell when it’s time to get it looked at by a professional who specializes in residential garage door service.
Here are a few things to look out for:
- It Won’t Open or Close – This is the most obvious sign of needed repair however the cause isn’t always so clear. Bad wiring, misfiring sensors, age, or simply an obstruction could be to blame.
- Slow Response Time – If your garage door is taking longer than it used to for opening or closing, there could be an issue with the response sensor responsible for receiving the signal from your door opener.
- Noisy Door – Are you noticing a lot of squeaky sounds as the door opens or closes? It could be from door joints, worn rollers, loose hardware, or old track. Regardless of the sound’s cause, we can take care of it for you.
- Off the Track – Sometimes doors manage to get themselves off track, but hey we all know that feeling right? Often times when the door comes off track it gets stuck in whatever position, normally not a very convenient one.
- Sagging Sections – Over time garage doors can sag if they aren’t properly maintained. When the door is closed check for gaps at the bottom of the door. Ask us about proper maintenance for your door while we fix those pesky sag gaps.